OCEAN FIVE Sarl – Our policy
As a yacht charter broker, at Ocean Five we strongly believe in probity when doing business.
In support of our commitment to maintaining the highest possible standards of business practice we hold a ‘zero-tolerance’ stance towards bribery.
Bribery is illegal and as such has no place in our organization.
Anti bribery policy
In accordance with international regulations, Ocean Five prohibits absolutely the offering, the giving, the solicitation or the acceptance of any bribe, whether cash or other inducement, regardless of size:
– to or from any person or company, wherever they are situated and whether they are a public official or body or private person or company;
– by any individual employee, agent or other person or body acting on behalf of Ocean Five; in order to gain any commercial, contractual or regulatory advantage for Ocean Five in a way which is illegal or unethical;
– or in order to gain any personal advantage, pecuniary or otherwise, for the individual or anyone connected with the individual.
Interpreting the policy
It is not the intention of the policy to prevent the following activities, particularly in relation to our international role as a charter yacht broker
– normal and appropriate hospitality.
– the giving and receiving of ceremonial gifts.
Such hospitality or gifts must be in moderation and not place any expectation on the recipient to reciprocate either in like or by performing, or failing to perform, any other task in return.
If there is any doubt as to whether an action might constitute bribery the matter should be referred to the management team of Ocean Five.
Preventing and reporting bribery
All staff working on behalf of Ocean Five have a responsibility to prevent, detect and report bribery. We provide appropriate guidance to our staff in fulfilling this duty.
Should you hold any suspicion of bribery or attempted bribery committed by or against an employee, agent or other party acting on behalf of Ocean Five, it must be reported immediately to the management team.
Since 2006, OCEAN FIVE has been a supporting member of Transparency International